Sunday, July 16, 2006

Oh, what a scary thing!



I've just been inspired to start a blog by cmhl at this very moment. It's 3:40am and I woke up frantically looking for a remedy for my 3-year old's flaky scalp. It's amazing what will keep us up at night.

I love people who dare to speak their minds about their lives. But a blog has been scary for me because... who is my audience? Do I simply want to try to be clever and amuse strangers with the high hopes of receiving positive feedback? Sounds like the story of my life. Or do I want to keep in touch with people whom I know and love that never really hear the TRUTH about what goes on in my mind. I'm going to gamble and pick the former, hoping that at some point, maybe a few of the aforementioned latter population will stumble across it.

But what if my dh ("darling husband," "dick-head husband," depending on my mood) sees it? Yikes. Divorce may be in order. How does cmhl feel about that? What would SHE do?

There are certain individuals I would love to share this link with: my therapist, my aunt, my bff (best friend forever). Would I want my mother to read it? Ummm, yes, but just don't ask me to elaborate, Mom, ok? Read it but don't tell me you read it. I would like you to get to know me better, but just don't tell me you know, ok?

I have a certain facade to keep up. I'm sweet and kind (not the facade part), rarely get upset (here comes the facade), and have a perfect marriage (whammy!). I have it all together because I would have it no other way (wooo, boy!). I'm organized (ha!) and I always have enough time. (you get the picture, now, right?)

It's funny, because I've always felt, put me on a stage to speak in front of a bunch of strangers, and I'll be fine. Put me on a stage in front of my family, and I will pass out from all the anxiety. So, this is how I feel about this whole blog idea. I like it. Kind of like going on a roller coaster. Hope you can enjoy the ride with me. Hope someone out there can find me.

So, thank you cmhl for your inspiration, and your blog about thing two's flaky scalp. You helped me in more ways than you can ever imagine.

1 Comments:

At Aug 1, 2006, 10:11:00 PM, Blogger cmhl said...

hey!!! what a sweet post!!

have fun with the blog-- I really enjoy mine (most days!)...

blogrolling you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home