Saturday, October 21, 2006

Challah bread

My daughter attends nursery school at a YMHA -- the Village People spoke about the "Christian" sector, this is the "Hebrew" one -- I wonder if maybe Adam Sandler can come up with a parody.

We're Catholic but I love exposing Samantha to other religions, cultures, traditions and ways of life. Part of the reason why I love New York City is because of it's diversity.

Anyway, I think this nursery program is great -- she attends 5 days a week for almost 3 hours each day -- and she loves it. I didn't even blink when they told me they were going to learn a little bit about the Jewish traditions in this class. So every Friday, they observe Shabbat and light a candle. This week one of the teachers had made some Challah bread. I love any kind of bread, and I first tasted this when a friend of mine at work brought some in years ago. The light sweet taste of this fluffy bread is extremely yummy...

So as we're driving home from school, Ladybug takes it out of her bag. "Look what I got, Mommy!" I turn around and see a piece of the yummy bread in a plastic bag. "Ooooh, I love that bread! Do you know what kind it is?" I ask. "Yeah," she says, "It's Halloween bread!"

1 Comments:

At May 4, 2008, 7:11:00 AM, Blogger On the Rock said...

Hi from Australia, I liked your blog. It was nice to read about you and your kid. You are both gorgeous people. I hope that you both will always be safe and happy and surrounded by people who love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home