Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Good-bye, Fat Cat

We had to put my cat down on Sunday morning. I'm not one of those crazy bloggers who themes their site on a lovable cat or dog. But I am an animal lover we have two cats and one dog. Sadly, my eldest cat, which was renamed Fat Cat by my little Ladybug, had to be put to rest. She had many ailments -- cancer and other things, and we finally had to say good-bye.

This cat holds a special place in my heart for many reasons: she was given to me by my old boyfriend's brother. You see, my boyfriend of 8 years died tragically in 1995. He was 24 years old. We were together ever since I was 16. We grew up together, and probably would have gotten married. A couple of years before he died, we inherited Fat Cat from his brother, who was moving around a lot at the time.

Saying good-bye to Fat Cat was like officially closing that chapter in my life, even though I have moved on and married, etc. She was the one thing left lingering from my past.

So Good-Bye, Fat Cat. And say hello to Freddie for me in heaven.

1 Comments:

At Oct 4, 2006, 9:39:00 AM, Blogger Erin said...

That is so sad about your cat - I'm sorry you had to go through that. I too have a "fat cat", her real name is Piper but I don't think anyone has called her that in 7 years, lol.

I know what you are going through... it hurts :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home