Friday, October 06, 2006

Spontaneous Abortion

That's what they call it when you have a miscarriage. Doesn't that sound a little harsh? I was only 6 weeks pregnant and only knew I was for the past two weeks. These past two weeks have been fun, though... daydreaming about baby, etc.

It's a strange thing. After I felt that I knew what happened, I dropped My Little Ladybug off with a friend and rushed to the emergency room. Some emergency. I sat there for two hours in the waiting room. The emergency room was so crowded and they only had two rooms with sonogram machines there, so I sat and waited. I guess I didn't understand that I really didn't have an emergency since the miscarriage had already happened. It was a tough day.

Thankfully, though, I had no cramping at all. None. It was really weird. Even with the spotting I had for days, I kept reading and hearing that I shouldn't be alarmed unless I had some cramping. I even had a successful sonogram with my doctor yesterday, who said everything looked fine. It just wasn't my time. The best thing I read on the internet (and the doctors told me at the hospital as well) is that a miscarriage is a way of dispelling an abnormal pregnancy.

Unfortunately, I told the world that I was pregnant. Friends, family, everyone. I guess I learned the hard way not to tell anyone about a pregnancy in the first trimester. I was thinking that my first pregnancy went without a hitch, so why would this one be a problem? Little did I know.

I found this article about miscarriages, and I actually found it quite comforting and informative. We'll certainly be trying again once my body is up to it.

What to Expect -- Why Pregnancies Come to an Unexpected End

1 Comments:

At Oct 6, 2006, 8:16:00 AM, Blogger cmhl said...

I'm so sorry----

 

Post a Comment

<< Home