Saturday, September 02, 2006

Two Feet In; lunch with boogies

Boogies is the nickname my best friend and I call each other. I have no idea why.

So, I went into the city yesterday and had lunch with Boogies. It was just like it always was: catching up on current events of our lives, giggling about silly stories, her telling me all the things she doesn't like (and I say that in a suprisingly endearing way).

Throughout the years, I've always accepted the fact that she doesn't like coffee, hates mushrooms and any kind of fish, and despises alcohol. That's Just Who She Is and I love her for that. And I'm pretty sure she still loves me even if I don't always take her advice. I wonder if she realizes she's slightly controlling and plays a mother role. I need to realize that just because we get on each other's nerves sometimes, it doesn't mean we're going to break up. Regardless, she's still my Boogies and no matter what, this simple little lunch with just she and I (my little Ladybug was with my aunt for the day so I was thankfully FREE) showed me that she doesn't have one foot out the door; she's got both feet in... hopefully for the rest of our lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home