Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Christmas Gifts

My friend Lyndon "nudged" me to post about Christmas gifts. Three things I got for Christmas:

  1. Nike Plus sneakers with the iPod adapter for my Nano to track distance/time/progress of my runs. My husband got this for me, on request (he always needs for me to tell him what to get, which I find pretty annoying). Anyway, it's a very cool gift and I need to use it more. I had only done treadmill running in the past (just started last summer), and this encouraged me to actually run outside. I did that for the first time about 10 days ago when it hit almost 70 degrees here in NYC. I ran just 2 miles but it was pretty invigorating. These sneakers are the coolest!

  2. Clinique 3-step skin care system. My family does a Kris Kringle for the holidays, and this was the gift I requested. Another good one since I was low on my supply and with my sensitive skin, this stuff works great.

  3. Palm Treo phone and organizer. This phone is pretty cool. My husband got me this one (upon request) too. This phone really helps with keeping me organized, especially if you've got ADD like me! My schedule is a bit all over the place and our wall calendar just wasn't cutting it. I've had a Palm Pilot for years but had stopped carrying it because I hate carrying too many gadgets. Although this phone is kind of big, has everything I need in one place.
Three things I got but didn't want:
  1. A new bedding set from my mother-in-law. Seriously now, would anyone actually put this on their bed (in burgundy)? I haven't decided if I'm going to return it and buy something else, or just throw it in the Goodwill bin.

  2. A tea set from Bombay Company from my stepmother. Pretty, but not my style. I returned it and got this instead. I bought the display item for $40. Perhaps I should have sent this to the tea addict, Lyndon!

  3. One of those digital picture frames from my father's sister (I guess she's my aunt but I only see her about once in every 5 years.) Anyway, this was a very generous gift my XD card doesn't fit and I now have to buy an adapter thing to transfer pics to it. Not sure where it was purchased, so I'm unable to return it.

I feel like a spoiled brat complaining about the gifts I didn't like. I wouldn't have said anything otherwise, but I was NUDGED! :)

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Jan 16, 2007, 11:42:00 PM, Blogger Lyndon said...

While your mother-in-law probably had good intentions. I can only imagine how fugly the burgundy color looks :-)

The shoes and the Treo sound cool though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home