Saturday, December 16, 2006

10 Weird Things About Me

Unlike Iris, I think I am totally weird. I enjoy being weird. To some degree, I am only closet weird. I don't want anyone to know how weird I am. But what the hell, my user id IS livewithrealme, isn't it?? Here goes:

1. I love when my cat licks my eyelashes. She's done it ever since she was a kitten (she's 11 now), and only does it to me. She doesn't do it as often as she used to but I think this kitty of mine truly thinks I'm her mommy. I love how she wakes me up this way and we cuddle.

2. Knishes with mayonnaise and a pastrami sandwich with mayonnaise and are a perfect combination. For those living outside of NYC, a knish is a small, square of dough stuffed with mashed potato and either baked or deep fried. Both the knish and pastrami are NEVER dressed with anything but mustard. Not for me. I like them, love them, with mayo.

3. I fart whenever I'm in a card store. I don't know why. First of all, it always takes me a minimum of 20 mins. to pick out a single card. I love giving cards but I'm extremely picky. Something about standing still in front of them makes me break wind and I can't help it. I can't even hold back. Smell something funny in the card aisle? Yeah, that was me. There I said it.

4. My husband always says I'm messy; I've got piles everywhere of papers, old clothes to give away, and I can never find anything. But the weird part of it is, look in my drawers and all my clothes are always neatly folded, organized and stacked. Socks, underwear and bras included... especially! I've got priorities, ya know?!

5. I love to color in my daughters coloring books. Ladybug is going on 4 soon and just learning how to keep it in the lines. Whenever I sit down and color with her, I have to finish the entire picture. My only form of artistic ability.

6. I love to go to open houses just to see how people live. I do enjoy the real estate market (even worked in an office for a few months until my dh decided he couldn't handle it on the weekends without me). And at some point in the next year or two, we would like to move to a bigger house so I just use the excuse that I'm doing research. But the truth is, I love to see how people decorate, sleep and organize their own lives. I find it fascinating. On Sundays, Ladybug and I will be driving and she already knows the signs with the balloons mean we are welcome to browse, "Wanna go to that open house, Mommy?" And in we go.

7. I have a terrible habit of buying people gifts and never giving them. It's a sickness, I think. I especially do this to my parents. And I never return them. I either regift, save until the next year or sell it on eBay. If you don't get a gift receipt from me, it's probably because I actually bought it 8 months ago.

8. I occasionally binge on a combination of chocolate chip cookies (or anything chocolatey) and potato chips with a glass of milk. Alternate sweet and salty... yum! Also popcorn and plain potato chips in a single bite are heavenly!!

9. Something no one, NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON knows about me is that I smoke about 3 cigarettes a month. I've snuck a cig here and there throughout my life since I was about 12 years old. When I was in high school, I used to pick the butts up from the sidewalk and take a drag (I'd somehow have a match or two on me). Now a pack of cigs lasts me almost a year. I'll sit on the deck in my backyard, smoke one and actually get high from the nicotine. I am clearly not addicted -- I can go any long period of time without a drag (like when I was pregnant). I think it's some sort of weird rebellion.

10. I love to cry at movies and at TV shows. Extreme Home Makeover -- fuggeddaboutit! The Biggest Loser -- oy vey! Hallmark commercials -- bring 'em on!

So there. I feel like I've confessed my deepest weirdisms! Are ya still with me?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home