Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Follow up on the Reincarnation

I know that I sometimes give people great power over me, and how they "make" me feel. But people don't always intend to make you feel a certain way. Their just living their lives and doing things that make themselves feel better. I mean, everyone has their own opinions, their own perspectives, their own insecurities. It's the world just going 'round.

So rather than continue to be angry, and boy was I angry, I picked up the phone and called my PTA counterpart. I told her I was a bit confused when she handed me this box and told me to handle it because she couldn't. She said, "Well, I was just hoping that this stuff would just handle itself." And I said, "Well, it's not and if you're not going to do it, then I'm stuck doing it all." In the end, she reluctantly agreed to take her box back and handle the fund raiser. I explained how I'm not leaving her alone to handle it, I just want her to run with it for once. I'll gladly handle the next one.

I feel so much better that we had this communication. I'm sure she's not happy about it, and I don't "make" her feel great either... But sometimes you gotta just not let people shit all over you.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At Jan 24, 2007, 8:31:00 AM, Blogger Lyndon said...

I think you made the right decision, if she doesn't like it, tough luck for her.

 
At Jan 24, 2007, 9:48:00 AM, Blogger livewithrealme said...

yeah! today, I handed her back all the stuff and it felt sooo good :)

 
At Jan 24, 2007, 8:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home