Thursday, August 03, 2006

My Social Butterfly

My daughter, Ladybug, is the only girl in this picture.

I am so proud of her. This was taken this past June for her cousin Chance's birthday (he's the first boy on the left). Ladybug idolizes Chance. For the first year-and-a-half of her life, Chance came over every day for 12 hours with his mom to babysit while I went to work.

Anyway, the reason for this picture is because this is Chance's 6th birthday party in my Aunt's backyard (aka Chance's Nana). She barely knows anyone at this party, yet she's sitting right there with the big boys eating Pixie Dust Sugar Sticks and Flying Saucer ice cream.

My social butterfly. She will walk up to anyone and say, "Hi. Wanna play with me?" I was so the opposite when I was a kid. Although I wanted to play, I was to shy to make the initial introduction. Still am. But from a young age, I've socialized Ladybug. The one trait that I didn't want her to have of mine is her fear of making friends. So now, she's outgoing, fun, and a ball to hang out with, no matter how old you are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home