Monday, November 20, 2006

Sitting and waiting

Ladybug has had a fever since Saturday morning. She's had stomach pain on and off for the past month, and she woke up on Saturday and vomited after I gave her some soy milk. I took her to the pediatric urgicenter at the hospital on Saturday because her doctor has been well aware of her chronic stomach pain, and finally recommended some tests (x-rays and bloodwork). Everything came out ok... ok?? What the hell is going on then? Possibly severe constipation? A stomach infection? Lactose intolerance? It's still a mystery.

So now as she awoke this morning with 104 degree temperature (even after alternating tylenol and motrin since yesterday), I'm waiting for the doctor's office to open at 9:00am. I've given Ladybug a lukewarm bath, more motrin, and have made her comfortable. It's only 7:30am. I have a stool in the fridge sample that's awaiting testing, and I just don't know what to do with myself. I just want these doctors to figure this out already.

When something like this happens, I don't know if all mothers out there feel the same way, but I start to blame myself. What did I miss? Why didn't I do x, y or z? If there was a real diagnosis than I could really find facts to blame myself with. Now, I'm just speculating that it was the milk I would leave in her sippy cup during the night or the spinach she ate or the fact that I don't focus enough on her fiber intake.

Just to make a note myself and keep my head together, her symptoms are: tummy aches on and off for the past 4 weeks, fever, stuffy nose and congestion (may not be related to anything), leg muscle pain (she will sometimes say, "Mommy, my legs hurt. I can't walk," but I don't know if she's just tired or what), mucousy stool for the past week, vomiting (on Saturday and at the onset of these symptoms).

Just keep us in your thoughts and prayers that we get to the bottom of this soon.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home