Saturday, December 09, 2006

My Book Club - The Kite Runner



One of the great benefits of being a SAHM (stay-at-home-mom) is that I've met some great women in the neighborhood, and we've formed a Book Club. It's interesting how a lot of the moms are like me, career-oriented women who like to use their heads and not only do housework, and truly enjoy this outlet. We read (which is something we haven't done in awhile), then analyze and discuss a book over cocktails. It's a perfect combination -- new friends, intelligent conversation, no kids and a little libation!

Our third book, The Kite Runner, is a good one. I'm only about 30 pages in but I'm already looking forward to the next meeting! If there are any moms out there reading this blog, I highly recommend creating a book club in your community!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home